[Désolé si cette entrée est en anglais, je n'ai pas eu le temps de traduire et je veux pouvoir partager ce que j'y dit avec les autres coworkings faisant parti de notre communauté donc la première version est en anglais.]
Well we’ve done it, Station C has been open for one year. Quite a ride so far! We adjusted our plans a couple of times, had a few good discussions along the way but it’s been fun and we’re going for another year, at least. Here are some of the things we have been doing in this first year.
- Co-hosted a coworking session at SXSW 2008
- Held a developers saturday with Yahoo and Nurun
- Spoke at Pecha Kucha 4 (nailed it )
- Hosted a talk by Aaron Straup Cope from Flickr
- Creacamp Mai 2008 was in our space
- NetSquared Montréal got its start here and is going strong after a few months
- Montréal NewTech got its start here before moving on
- We held one of each of MobileDevMeetup, TwitYul, Montréal Girl Geek Dinner, Démocratie et technologie, iPhoneDevCamp, Startup Ottawa / Dex.
- Four or five 5@7 and networking events
- A kickass opening party and a even kicker asser Christmas party
- Urler.tv, VisibleGovernment.ca and the Fair Copyright For Canada’s Montréal chapter all held their founding or first meetings at the Station
- Identi.ca, the excellent Open Source microblogging platform was started and is currently being run from Station C
- Montréal Startup, BookOven, Exvisu, Wright Technology Solutions, Perennia and I’m sure a few more have been part of the mix and done some of their startuping mojo in our meeting rooms.
- Members are currently developing new business models, iPhone apps, web apps, Facebook apps, writing a book and worked on movie scripts
- We were featured in the media a number of times. _The Gazette_, _La Presse_, _En Route_, 2-3 _Radio-Canada_ radio stations, interviewed for two documentaries (not yet released/aired), an episode of Ça s’branche où? was taped in our lounge corner
So I might have missed a couple of things but I think that’s our first year. Thanks to all our members and to everyone who dropped by for events, to visit and to work a few hours.